Cashier / Customer Service / Food Preparation - St-Denis Location APPLY NOW
About Teochew Foodie
Teochew Foodie is a family-owned start-up that aims to provide high quality Chinese food products to the Montreal Market. Most of our products are made at the store and are sold frozen or refrigerated so that clients may prepare them at home. A key part of our model is that we accompany customers through cooking instruction videos as well as enthusiastically answer customer questions. We are looking for candidates who would like to participate in this adventure with us and help us continue to grow our model and fulfill our mission. We also have a strong online presence through our social media accounts and our website (www.teochewfoodie.ca).
- Provide exemplary service to our customers by answering their questions and assisting them in throughout their purchase.
- Participate in the food preparation process, including wonton production, rice roll production, etc.
- Ensure proper management of the different aspects of the store.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Coordination with suppliers for the delivery of goods.
- Answering customer questions online.
An ideal candidate would:
- Be passionate about Chinese food and a basic knowledge of different Chinese dishes.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- Have some experience as a cashier, working in a grocery store or in a restaurant.
- Have some experience in customer service.
- Have interest to learn about the inner workings of a modern online food business.
Ability to work in French and English required. (Mandarin, Cantonese or Teochew is a plus.)
2 shifts available (Tuesday to Sunday):
- Early: 10h30 - 18h
- Late: 11h30 - 19h
Starting salary: 14-16$/hour (depending on experience) + share of tips
Starting salary (Full-time – 35h+ per week): 15-16$/hour + share of tips
Hourly salary can be increased if the candidate successfully takes on higher level tasks such as online customer service, proficiency in the production process and even copywriting/ad design. As we are planning on hiring more in the future, managerial & training responsibilities may also come into play down the line.|||3964A rue St-Denis, Montréal, QC H2W 2M2|||||||||cJkSLZXPTbdH4FcL|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||range|||14|||14.25|||16|||true