Food Preparation Chef (Chinese cuisine – Full Time) - St-Henri Location APPLY NOW
About Teochew Foodie
Teochew Foodie is a family-owned start-up that aims to provide high quality Chinese food products to the Montreal Market. Most of our products are made at the store and are sold frozen or refrigerated so that clients may prepare them at home. A key part of our model is that we accompany customers through cooking instruction videos as well as enthusiastically answer customer questions. We are looking for candidates who would like to participate in this adventure with us and help us continue to grow our model and fulfill our mission. We also have a strong online presence through our social media accounts and our website (www.teochewfoodie.ca).
- Participate in the food preparation process, including wonton production, rice noodle roll production, braised meat, etc.
- Ensure proper management of the different aspects of the store.
o Coordinate raw material deliveries with suppliers for the delivery of goods.
o Plan production by taking into consideration the status of the inventory.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have some experience in the food transformation industry (Working in a grocery store, a restaurant, a coffee shop, a bakery, etc.)
- Be passionate about Chinese food and a basic knowledge of different Chinese dishes.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
Ability to work in Mandarin and (French or English) required. (Cantonese or Teochew is a plus.)
Our opening hours are 11 AM to 6 PM Tuesday to Monday. The chef must be present from 10 AM. We are looking for someone willing to work full-time and that is looking for stability.
Starting salary: 15$/hour + share of tips
Hourly salary can be increased if the candidate successfully takes on higher level tasks such as online customer service, proficiency in the production process and even copywriting/ad design. As we are planning on hiring more in the future, managerial & training responsibilities may also come into play down the line.|||900 rue Saint-Philippe, Montréal, QC H4C 2W3|||||||||95rnTJ3YrJU.L6YS|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single|||15|||||||||true