Food Preparation Chef/Sous-Chef (Chinese cuisine – Full Time) - St-Denis Location APPLY NOW
About Teochew Foodie
Teochew Foodie is a family-owned quickly growing start-up that aims to provide high quality Chinese food products to the Montreal Market. Most of our products are made at the store and are sold frozen or refrigerated so that clients may prepare them at home. A key part of our model is that we accompany customers through cooking instruction videos as well as enthusiastically answer customer questions. We are looking for candidates who would like to participate in this adventure with us and help us continue to grow our model and fulfill our mission. We also have a strong online presence through our social media accounts and our website (www.teochewfoodie.ca).
- Participate in the food preparation process, including wonton production, rice noodle roll production, braised meat, etc.
- Ensure proper management of the different aspects of the store.
- Coordinate raw material deliveries with suppliers for the delivery of goods.
- Plan production by taking into consideration the status of the inventory.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have some experience in the food transformation industry (Working in a grocery store, a restaurant, a coffee shop, a bakery, etc.)
- Be passionate about Chinese food and a basic knowledge of different Chinese dishes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and seeking excellence.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
Ability to work in Mandarin Cantonese or Teochew is a plus.
Our opening hours are 10h30 AM to 5 PM Tuesday to Sunday. Shorter shifts could be worked out if necessary. We are looking for someone willing to work full-time and that is looking for stability.
Starting salary: 16-18$/hour (depending on experience) + share of tips
Hourly salary can be increased if the candidate successfully takes on higher level tasks such as online customer service, proficiency in the production process and even copywriting/ad design. As we are planning on hiring more in the future, managerial & training responsibilities may also come into play down the line.|||3964A rue St-Denis, Montréal, QC H2W 2M2|||||||||95rnTJ3YrJU.L6YS|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||range|||15|||16|||18|||true